With The Rugby World Cup 2019 all set to start in September, there has been a lot of discussions concerning the broadcasters and the official broadcasting rights holder. However, the blog here is going to get you covered for today with everything you should know about Fiji TV which holds the free-to-air broadcasting rights for the most prestigious tournament of the rugby world.
As most of you are already aware of the schedule for the rugby world cup, it is always better to remind you once again. 20th September is going to be the starting date for the world-cup competition, and the tournament is going to last till early November. It isn’t a question anymore that all eyes will be on the games from the magnificent rugby stadiums of Japan, as the land of the rising sun is going to be the host for the Rugby World Cup this year.
For the rugby fans who cannot make it to Japan to support their home nations can always catch the live actions on a channel broadcasting the world cup in his/her country. Besides that, the blog is now going to talk in-detail about Fiji TV the network which has been appointed by World Rugby to broadcast the RWC 2019.
Everything you need to know about Fiji TV as RWC 2019 Official Broadcasting Rights Holder
- Fiji TV is going to give the rugby fans immense joy during the world cup as they will be a free-to-air channel. The broadcaster is going to live stream all the 48 matches from the world cup after World Rugby announced them as the official broadcasting rights holder.
- All the 48 matches include all of Fiji’s matches, the knockout rounds and the final from the Rugby World Cup.
- The deal will extend Fiji TV’s long term association with the Rugby World Cup which dates back to 1999. It also adds them to the compelling portfolio of World Rugby Rights. That also includes Rugby World Cup Sevens, The Men’s and Women’s HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series and the World Rugby U20 Championship which all have broadcasting deals with Fiji TV.
- Talking about Fiji’s national team and their current ranking, they stand at the number nine position and will be competing in the Pool D alongside the likes of Australia, Wales, Georgia, and Uruguay.
- World rugby football Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont said: “We are delighted to be appointing Fiji TV as the official broadcasting rights-holder for rugby world cup 2019. They’re long-standing supporters of the game rugby, and with the matches happening in an exceedingly favorable timezone, I’m positive that Fijians are getting in shape to cheer on their team and support the tournament.”
- Fiji TV CEO Karen Lobendahn said: “Fiji TV is going to be the official broadcaster for yet another time and is delighted to have the opportunity to hold official broadcasting rights for the tournament this year as well, and is positive in receiving the viewership it deserves. Backed by a rugby-crazed nation, this can be a positive investment for the company.”
- Under the deal between World Rugby and Fiji TV, the broadcaster has sub-licensing rights across the Pacific, including the Solomon Islands, Samoa, Papua New Guinea, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, and Tonga.
Don’t miss out Fiji’s opening match against Australia on 21st September 2019.
So that’s it from us, we will surely come up with more such exciting announcements surrounding the Rugby World Cup 2019.
Latest posts by Shawn (see all)
- 7s Watch Rugby Sevens 2020 Live Stream TV Online Free – Los Angeles - February 15, 2020
- Presidents Cup Golf 2019 Live Broadcast and Schedule of Events - November 22, 2019
- How To Watch England vs South Africa Finals Live Stream Online - October 30, 2019